This Volunteer Regional Contributor Agreement is entered into as of the date fully executed by the parties, between Wisdom Digital Media, Inc., a New Jersey corporation (hereafter “WDM”) and Contributor Regional Contributor (hereafter “Contributor”).
- WDM does business as BroadwayWorld, which operates a website dedicated to Broadway, off-Broadway, and regional theatre news and productions, appealing to industry professionals and theatre enthusiasts (the “Site”).
- Contributor is a theatre enthusiast who desires to share with the public their thoughts and reviews on local productions and events, provide exposure to local theaters and performers, and create connections within the industry. Contributor desires to accomplish this goal by submitting contributions to the Site, generally in the form of opinionated theatre reviews, much like a local restaurant goer would submit a review to Yelp or OpenTable. Contributor is not, and has never been, an employee of WDM.
- Contributor has no expectation that WDM will provide compensation in exchange for preparing voluntary reviews, interviews, or other features for the Site. Contributor has no expectation that WDM will provide reimbursement for any expenses related to preparation of their contributions. Contributor submits contributions for publication solely for their personal purpose and pleasure and to gain exposure in the theatre industry.
- WDM has no employees who write theatre reviews and thus relies on Contributor contributions for this content posted on their Site. By contrast, WDM’s employees are primarily responsible for securing advertisement revenue, writing and posting news content, photographs, videos, theatre production listings and ticket sales information.
- Contributor agrees that WDM does not assign theatre shows for review. Contributor may contact their preferred theatre directly advising they would like to review a show as a member of the press and will coordinate directly with the theatre on the date and time of the show and to arrange for pickup of press tickets. WDM has no input or influence over which shows Contributor chooses to review or when they are viewed.
- On occasion, WDM will introduce Contributor to local theatres, which may have productions of interest to Contributor. Contributor acknowledges that theatres often provide tickets free of charge to encourage contributors to attend their productions and Contributor acknowledges that WDM does not require, facilitate or encourage theatres to provide free tickets to Contributor.
- WDM does not require Contributor to submit any minimum number of contributions to the Site, require contributions to be of any particular length or require any substantive changes to Contributor’s work once submitted for publication. Contributors generally prepare their review within five to seven days of attending a show and write their reviews on their own time and using their own equipment.
- WDM and Contributor agree that most features take no more than one hour to complete and that typically, Contributor will take on features at their convenience and discretion. Contributor has alternate sources of work or income and does not expect any compensation or direct benefit from WDM in exchange for their contributions. This agreement has no term. Contributor can cease providing contributions to WDM at their election.
- Upon submission to WDM for publication, Contributor grants WDM a personal, non-transferrable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish and display Contributor’s work in perpetuity. Contributor retains the rights to publish their own work for their own purposes.
- This Agreement contains the entire understanding and agreement between the Parties, and this is no agreement on the part of any party to do any act or thing other than is expressly stated in this Agreement. There shall also be no modifications or amendments to this Agreement unless they are in writing, signed by all of the parties.
- In the event that any provision or any portion of any provision hereof or any surviving agreement made a part hereof becomes or is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, unenforceable, or void, this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect without said provision or portion of provision.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of . Contributor consents to personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the State of .
- Contributor acknowledges that they have carefully read this Agreement and understands its contents and consequences, that they have been given the opportunity to consult with an attorney, that they have had sufficient time to review this Agreement, and they are signing this Agreement knowingly and voluntarily, and without any coercion or duress.